I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spicy Snickerdoodles


Today my sister and I attempted some new cookie recipes, and I was so excited with our outcomes! I made a spicy snicker doodle that was super simple and amazingly delicious! This will forever be my Christmas cookie now!

Ingredients:
1 spice cake mix
1 stick of melted butter
1 egg
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and combine cake mix, butter, and egg together in a mixing bowl. (I found using a stand mixer is easier because this is a super thick batter) Mix all ingredients until combined. In a seperate bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Take a spoonful of the batter and roll it into a bowl then roll it in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on a cookie sheet (I greased mine, but I doubt it really needed it because of how much butter this recipe contains.) and bake for 8-10 minutes.

The smell of these cookies alone reminded me so much of Christmas at my parents' house as a kid. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it's made with things I almost always keep in my kitchen cabinets. Super simple, super fast, but a payoff that is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment