I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Fruit Dip

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and I just finished making this dip.

And I also finished eating a half of a pound of strawberries and a good amount of this fruit dip.  Oops.

I love this recipe for every holiday, but I wanted to share it really quickly for Independence day because the two fruits it pairs best with are strawberries and blueberries.  And the dip is white. So it's pretty much fate that it be eaten tomorrow.  (It's also great because it takes maybe 5 minutes to put together, so it's a perfect last second go-to...if you're a procrastinator...like people I know...)

What you'll need:
2 packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
the zest of two lemons

I do this in my stand mixer just to make quick work of it, but It'd be pretty simple by hand, too.

Start by creaming the cream cheese a bit just to soften it up then add in the heavy cream and powdered sugar.  Blend it up until it has a smooth consistency.  Zest your lemons and then add it in along with the vanilla and give it another mix....and that's it!

I think this dip tastes best if you let it sit over night, but it's pretty great immediately, too. The lemon gives it a perfect little zing for a summer dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment