I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins, Oh my!

If I love anything more than baking delicious things like breads or cinnamon rolls, it's making delicious things for breakfast.  Pancakes and cinnamon french toast are family favorites, but when I want my kids to have less syrup and more things that are good for them (or let's face it, when I know I'm going to be too lazy to wake up and make the hubs breakfast before he goes to work) I love to make these muffins the night before so we can wake up to a yummy, quick breakfast that is full of whole grain oatmeal goodness.

What you'll need:
2 tsp. of baking powder
1 cup of all purpose flour (if you wanted to go crazy healthy, you could do whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of oatmeal
2/3 cup of milk
1 egg
1/2 cup of oil

One of my favorite things about these muffins is how easily the come together.  There's no need to even pull out a mixer.  Everything mixes perfectly fine with a whisk or a big spoon..which means less mess and less dishes to wash.  Okay...first, mix all the dry ingredients.  That's the baking powder, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and oatmeal.  Get them really well combined.











Once you have all the dry ingredients incorporated together nicely, add the wet.  I don't even both to scramble the egg up before I add it.  I just drop them all in and mix.  Next, line your muffin pan with paper liners (unless you're insane and prefer to clean up that mess).  If you do not line them, be sure and grease your pan.  I then use an ice cream scoop to be sure each muffin is the same size and to avoid any extra mess.











Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes.  Once you can smell them, they are probably done.  Let them cool and enjoy or throw them in a ziplock bag and they will keep for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment