I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cheesecake Cream Pie.

It's no secret that I love to eat.  It's less of a secret that I love sweets.  They are kinda my passion when it comes to cooking, and I'm always on the lookout for perfect desserts.  A good while ago, I was watching Paula Deen, and she made this.  It looked like a lot of work to me- all that decorating and layering.  I rarely feel like doing that, so I thought I'd adapt this basic idea and create something of my own that was super easy...and so "pie" was born.  It's smooth and creamy and light and wonderfully heavenly. This recipe actually makes two whole pies, so it's a perfect thing to make and keep one for you and take one to a friend.  They will love you for it and probably ask for the recipe. I make this all the time.  A new one shows up in my fridge at least once a week.  This is seriously my favorite thing (next to my mom's mashed potatoes and gravy...) in the world...but seriously.  If you make nothing else on my blog, make this pie.



What you'll need:
2 Oreo pie crusts (find this in the baking aisle)
2 boxes of cheesecake flavored instant pudding
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla





In a large bowl, blend together the cream, milk, sour cream, and vanilla, just until the sour cream is broke up a bit.  Add the instant pudding mix, and beat on high for a minute or so, just so it starts to thicken.  Beat on high for a good few minutes.  Get it super thick and creamy.  It will look like this when it's ready:


It will be right before the "stiff peaks" stage.  You want it thick because it's a pie...it will be cut.  If it's not thick enough when you cut it, you will have a very delicious mess.







Once it's all blended up all nice and pretty, separate it into the two pie crusts.  No baking.  No oven.  Just cover with the plastic domes and refrigerate for as long as you can possibly stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment