I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nutella Anything Is Amazing.

So pretty much everyone I have met (besides my crazy "I'd rather not eat sweets unless it's the right time" husband) loves Nutella.  I thought I was alone in this culinary adoration, but alas, I am not.  This pleases my heart, honestly, because my craze for it feels less odd.  I've made many thing sin the past with it including Nutella hot chocolate and fried Nutella won tons.  Today, however, I decided to take a stab at this: Nutella cheesecake.   I had two problems with this recipe.  Problem #1 was that unless I'm in a very entertaining kind of mood, I don't particularly care for making things in individual dishes.  It's more clean up.  My second problem was that I am not the biggest fan in the world of Cool Whip.  I was at least 21 before I found out that cool whip is NOT whipped cream, and I haven't really looked back since.  So here's my take on this recipe...enjoy!

And yes...those are the beautiful daisies (my favorite flower!) my sweet husband brought to me on Valentine's Day!

What you'll need:
Oreo crust (again, one of my favorite convenient items)
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
8 oz block of cream cheese
3/4 cup Nutella
1 tsp vanilla
(Not pictured, but I did add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar because I like my stuff sweet...you can add none or less or more...but I would NOT suggest more.)

You'll also need a mixer if you value your arms.







Start by adding your heavy cream to a big bowl and beat until you get a little air in it.  Add in your cream cheese.  Make sure your cream is super cold and your cream cheese is room temperature.  If they aren't, you cream cheese will never blend in well and your cream will never whip up right.  Beat it together until soft peaks form.















Add vanilla and Nutella.  Beat it together just enough to blend well and taste.  If it's not sweet enough, add powdered sugar, just a tablespoon or less at a time.  Beat to stiff peaks and add to your crust.  Refrigerate and consume!


I will note, too, that this makes the most delicious chocolate mouse.  It works perfectly in pretty individual dishes and garnished with some chocolate or roasted hazelnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment