I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Grape Salad

I have been wanting to share this recipe for a while now.  I think I have waited as long to share it as I did to try it.  Truth is, my dear sister was making this dish long before I had the nerve to give it a shot.  She made it often, and I always looked at it, turned up my nose, and insisted it could not be delicious in the least.  I was so wrong.  Since then, I've been making it on a pretty regular basis.  It's become a family staple at parties and holidays and potlucks.  The hubs always loves when I make a big bowl of it just to keep in the fridge for snacking, too.  I love it because it's not overly sweet, it's creamy, and it's got this wonderful POP! of flavor every time you bite into a grape.  Do yourself a favor and make this one a staple in your kitchen, too!



What you'll need:
2 lbs red grapes
8 oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Beat with an electric mixer until this mixture is smooth.  It's not going to look like much in the bottom of your bowl, but trust me, it's plenty.  Try to keep your fingers out of this because I promise if you taste it, you won't want to add the grape.  I could eat this by itself by the spoonful.

Make sure your grapes have been removed from the stems, washed, and are at least mostly dry, then just mix!  You'll want a bigger bowl for this just to make your life a bit easier.  Refrigerate or eat right away...but do try to be kind and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment