I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese


I make this sandwich for my husband for lunch, and he loves it. It's my grown up version of a grilled cheese sandwich!

Ingredients:
3 pieces of bacon (I use turkey bacon)
1 apple
Cheddar cheese (The amount will be to taste, so that's all up to you!)
2 pieces of bread (again, your choice)
butter

Cut your strips of bacon in half so that you have 6 halves. Core and slice your apple. (This just makes it fit better on the bread later) Grill your bacon on a griddle. Once bacon has been thoroughly cooked, remove it from the griddle and butter one side of each piece of bread. Place one piece of bread butter side down on the same griddle. Then, sprinkle a healthy portion of cheddar cheese and place bacon and apple slices on top. Then top with more cheese and the last piece of bread. Let the bread brown and flip. Once both sides of the bread have browned and the cheese is melted, remove, slice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment