I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

This is one of my family's favorites.  (It's a great substitute for my grandma's chicken and dumplings which I will share closer to Christmas!)  These are super easy to make, but so full of flavor!  They are perfect to throw on before work in the morning and be nearly ready when you get home!

Ingredients:
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3 cans of water
3 chicken breasts
2 tubes of biscuits
3 tbsp of butter
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Sage
1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning

Directing into your crock pot, combine cream of chicken soup and water (I like to just measure my water with the same cans just to be sure to get every last bit of that yummy soup out!).  Stir well and add salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning. Once that has been mixed together, drop in your chicken and turn it on high for 4 hours or low for 6-9 hours.  (I use frozen chicken breasts.  It works great, and I don't have to remember to get them out of the freezer the night before.)  When you get home (or are just ready to finish dinner) take out the chicken and use a fork to shred it.  Add it back to the crock pot along with the butter, and cut your biscuits into quarters.  Add biscuits, and use a spoon to push them down.  Don't worry when they pop back up.  It will take an hour and a half or so for the biscuits to cook all the way through.  Just stir a few times during that time to bring the bottom ones to the top and the top ones to the bottom to make sure they all cook evenly.  Once the dumplings are all cooked, grab a big bowl and fill it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment