I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Spread The Nice.

There are only 49 days until our school year starts, so naturally, I spent the day yesterday running around the city like a crazy person getting everything I would need.

Actually, my mom is a kindergarten teacher, and her year starts much sooner than mine. We decided to go catch all the sales, but we did spend nearly the entire day going from place to place.  It was a ton of fun, but it was hot and hectic and tiring, too.  (none of which would stop me from going again, by the way)  When we got back to my mom's house, I picked up the kids and headed straight home.  I knew Eva was sick, and my house was a disaster.

That's when I noticed the box that had been delivered for me.

When I got home, I dropped all the kids at the door and set the box on the table.  I found the hubs (whom we hadn't seen for nearly 2 days), and we proceeded to have a mini family reunion.

...how was your show?...how were the kids?...did everyone sleep?...was your shopping trip good?...

All very normal questions after Bird gets home from DJing some show. (I know.  My husband is so cool.)

...what's that box?... That was a new one.

Inside I found cookies and brownies and the sweetest note from a dear friend.  "Because you probably deserve these once in a while without having to do any cooking.  Enjoy and don't worry...it gets easier."

Total surprise, and my day was totally made.

And with that, I want to challenge you, ladies.  If you ever have a rough week, rough day, rough moment...remember that another lady somewhere else probably does, too.  Find something kind to do for them.  Send some cookies or make them an unexpected dinner.  Bring flowers or send them a kind note.  Say a prayer for them.  Smile at them.  You have no idea what an impact a sweet gesture of kindness can have on someone's day.

Now go spread some nice and make someone's day.  I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment