I love family. I love learning. I love food. This is simply a collection of thoughts, memories, and recipes that are a piece of me!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chicken Caesar Salad Sliders.

Look, it's not that I hate salad.  I don't.

Well, I kinda do.

I just feel like salads have their place, and that place should not ever be a main course.  Except chicken salad.  Chicken salad is fine.

Every once in a while, I will get the itch to make a salad for a main course.  I'm always awake by midnight to have some s'mores.  I just need more substance than what a salad can generally provide.  My problem, however, is that I actually really love the flavors of some salads- Caesar in particular.

Yum.

So I made it into a sandwich.  I can't promise that I won't have s'mores later, but I can promise that it won't be because I'm feeling famished.

What you'll need:
Mini ciabatta rolls
Garlic powder
butter
Romaine lettuce
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Grilled chicken
Caesar dressing

First, let's talk about the proper ingredients in a chicken Caesar salad.  The lettuce is important, and it's got to be Romaine.

You have to have shredded Parmesan cheese.  Do not add grated Parmesan cheese to this salad.  Just don't.  That's good and all on some yummy pasta.  It has no place in this salad.

You have to have croutons.  Garlic is best.

You have to have a Caesar dressing.  Anchovies or not, this is kinda what makes the salad a Caesar.

You have to have chicken.  Now, excuse me while I rant for a moment.

There is a right way and a wrong way to grill chicken.  I will be doing a separate blog post on this in the near future...it's no big deal, but if you do it the wrong way, we can't be friends anymore.

Now for the sammich.

When putting together a sandwich or a burger, order is key.  I had no idea either.  I learned that from Todd Wilbur from Top Secret Recipes.  I make his In-N-Out burgers, and that's no joke.  Put it together wrong, and you do not have a double double.  You have a random burger with thousand island on it.

Keeping this in mind, my sliders start with a toasted mini ciabatta roll. Butter it, sprinkle the slightest bit of garlic powder (don't over do this, fellows), and toast.  Tada!  Croutons.

On both sides of the rolls, spread a bit of Caesar dressing.  I used Kraft because I had Kraft.  I'd suggest going a bit better quality.  It's not that this is bad...it could just be better.

Add a layer of shredded parm.

Lettuce.

Chicken.

Top on.

Munch.

Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment